Facets of Life.



 
Now, this is going to be a looong post. As usual, I woke up to a hot day, sweating my brains out. I asked Jefri out to the PC show this morning, and he agreed. So we met at City Hall MRT station at 1.30 pm, then we went on ahead to Funan to get my new CPU at the shop Danny introduced to me. It's his uncle's friend shop, according to him.

So I went in to the shop, which, fortunately, was almost devoid of customers. Save for another guy and us. When the boss finished his business with the other customer, I approached him and told him that I wanted to get a CPU and asked him for recommendations. So he gave me an Intel P4 3.0gHz D processor, motherboard, 1GB DDRII Memory, a Pioneer 16x DVD+RW, an NVIDIA GeForce 6600 LE Graphics Card, and a casing. All for $1280. A pretty good price, I should say.

I also bought an USB 2.0 Bluetooth dongle for $25, and a 80GB external harddisk for $125. And after that we headed down to the PC show at Suntec City Convention Hall, where I bought myself a Microsoft keyboard for $27.90. I'm using it now, and it's quite comfy. It practically makes no sound as I type. So that brings my total amount spent to $1458 today. I'm surprised I actually spent within my budget! $2 extra, no less.

Sidetracking a little, I really wonder how the appearance of the ugly Singaporean came about. What is it that makes these people do the things that they do? Things like spitting in public, fighting to cross the road first at a pedestrian crossing and blocking the way but end up getting overtaken by everybody, squeezing and pushing while trying to get on the escalator at MRT stations and shopping malls, fighting with one another to see who gets on/off the MRT or bus first, et cetera et cetera.

So what is it with these people? Would they die if they spat in a piece of tissue paper? Would they die if they crossed the roads a second later? Would they die if they waited for 30 seconds to get on the escalator? Or is there a $1 million cash prize if they got on or off the bus or MRT first? I should think not. But these pea-brained losers seem to have the mindset that they would.

For example, today, while on our way to Suntec City from Citylink Mall, Jefri and I got stuck outside at the overhead bridge from Citylink to Suntec. Why? Because of some morons who think that their grandfather owns the place, and they could walk or climb up the then-stopped escalator at snail's pace, hence holding up everyone behind them. It took 5 minutes for us just to get from Citylink's exit to the base of the escalator.

Once inside, we made our way to the convention halls, and boy was it crowded. Everyone was pushing everyone else, trying to go first. By the time we reached the exhibition halls, I was perspiring like crazy. It was ten times worse once we entered the halls. There was practically no space to walk, and we had to shove our way through just to get a move on.

So after our ordeal, we had to shove our way back to the exit again, then made our way to the MRT station where we went home. On my way back, I saw this group of foreigners, who thought that their grandfather owned the train. They were making such a din, and there were 2 guys among them who blocked the doors. One of them was sitting down on the floor, and the other was sitting ON his luggage. Losers.

So I made my way home, and the weather now is very cooling and windy, and looks like it might rain any time. The timing couldn't be greater! So now all that's left for me to do, is wait till Wednesday, where Mr. Eric will be delivering my CPU. And once that's done, I can start gaming with Team Strife! Alright, that should do it for now. Stay tuned for more updates!
Marvin out.
4:44:00 PM
0 comment(s)
The Blogger
.: Marvin
.: 29101985
.: Student
.: My Friendster
Something to say?
.: eriitolm@yahoo.com.sg
MSN.
.: eriitolm@gmail.com
Archives
.: June 2006
.: July 2006
.: August 2006
.: September 2006
.: October 2006
.: November 2006
.: December 2006
.: January 2007
.: February 2007
.: March 2007
.: April 2007
.: May 2007
.: June 2007
.: July 2007
.: August 2007
.: September 2007
.: October 2007
.: November 2007
.: December 2007
.: January 2008
.: February 2008
.: March 2008
.: April 2008
.: May 2008
.: June 2008
.: July 2008
.: August 2008
Tag